Many businesses will end up with a list of unrealistic goals and a lofty mission statement that looks great on paper but has no sustainable framework.
Inspired by the blogger challenge, 18 things to do before 2018, here’s our real estate-themed to-do list for you.
18 things to do before 2018
- Let go. Check out a book or two on the minimalist movement. You may not end up with a perfect office, but you could end up deleting a significant chunk of “XYZ” and free up some space for new opportunities to come into your life.
- Take a look at where you spent your money in 2017. Identify unnecessary paid services, and eliminate them.
- Make sure all your tech devices are virus free and backed up.
- Read or listen to one book that will give you pause and keep you hustling during the holiday break.
- Send thank you cards, not just holiday cards, to everyone who helps you keep the lights on.
- Bite the bullet, and invest in paid cloud storage for your files instead of fighting the battle of storage on your smartphone.
- Forget inbox zero. Take it one day, one week at a time. You are only human.
- Make sure the time zone is correct on your digital calendars and that they are syncing.
- Choose one charity that you will support in 2018.
- Grab a physical. No one should be tired all the time. Make your health a priority.
- Meditate, pray, sit in a bookstore or the park, or enjoy your own company on a regular basis. You know what works for you.
- Google yourself. Make adjustments, and then set up a Google Alert.
- Clean out your LinkedIn Connections. The only people you should be connected with are those who would potentially send you business.
- Update your professional biography.
- Update your headshot.
- Get outside, and do something fun with friends. Groupon has you covered.
- Remove, block or ignore any trolls or haters.
- Be a kind human. Compassion never goes out of style.
BY RACHAEL HITE
By day, Rachael Hite helps agents develop their business. By night, she’s tweeting and blogging for listingdepot.com.